Sunday, July 24, 2011

Breaking Bad Episode 402: Thirty-Eight Snub

Gonna change things up for this episode and just write my thoughts during the ep. I'll throw a couple pictures on here once I can find them.

Walt: "It's for defense."

Jim Beaver is wonderful.

Jesse is hanging out and HOLY SHIT IT'S BADGER AND SKINNY PETE.

And now they're discussing Resident Evil 4 vs Left 4 Dead. (Which RE wins.) "Nazi Zombies. You are historically retarded."

"Yeah man, it's quiet." Jesse seems to be trying to buy his way away from killing Gale.

And now we're back to Walt and that skeletal stare.

Stubble Hank is here. Nice shot with Marie rising into view.


I don't think Skinny Pete has ever not been wearing that hat.

It's really strange to hear Jesse say that he's "gotta go to work" and envision the SuperLab. For all Gus' professionalism, it really doesn't seem like a "job."

Apparently, Mike being present is a part of the "new policy."

"You'll never see him again." Mine and Walt's reaction were both "God, no," for very different reasons.

"Marie. Get out." Two seasons ago, I would have stood up and applauded. But now, after seeing how hard Marie has worked to get Hank out of the hospital. I'm not as sure. Seeing the reaction on her smug face was good, though.

Of course Party Jesse is listening to dubstep. Of course. It seems as if our little Stoner With a Heart of Gold's heart is still gold, despite his best efforts.

And here's Walt outside Gus' house from Season 2. And here's my heart, set squarely in my throat. And here's the Heisenberg Porkpiein all it's glory. And here's the trademarked Dave Porter suspense music. And here's...a phone call, from what sounded like Mike, telling Walt to go home. That's the power of this show.

THEY ARE MINERALS, MARIE.

And back to the car wash.Sup, Bogdan. Bogdan plays it high right of the bat, demanding 10 million dollars. "Walter White wants to buy my car wash. The price he pays is 20 million dollars." Nice usage of "the price he pays."

I have to say, that I expected the "get me in a room with him" line to be to Jesse, not to Walt. And, despite the beating Walt got from him, I still expect Mike to "switch sides" at the end. I fully expect to be wrong.

I was wrong. According to the preview, it looks like Hank's old PI buddy from Season 2 will be the one to give him Gale's notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment